Trade Union of Lithuanian Food Producers (LMP) is a self - reliant organization based on voluntary self - determination, independent from any legislative and governmental, or economical entities, or employer's and their organisation, or political parties. It pursues the policy of free trade unions.
Address: J. Jasinskio str. 9 - 406, Vilnius, Lithuania.
Tel. (8-5) 2626168, faks.; (8-5) 2122521
The Union was established in 22 November 1989 during the constituent Conference. The Statute of the Union was registered in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania in 2 March 1992.
Continues progressive traditions of the Trade Union of Food Industry Employees, which was functioning in Lithuania in 1919 - 1940. The Union joins workers and employees of meat, milk, bread, tobacco, oil - grease, sugar, confectionery, soft and alcohol drinks, canned food enterprises, hotels, restaurants, markets, tourism sector and students, prepared to become workers of this occupation. The employers of enterprises or the persons executing the function of employer can not become members of the Union.
The highest organ of the Union is the Congress. It takes place every 5 years. Report conferences are organised annually. Board of Representatives coordinates activities of the Union between the Congresses.
Objectives and types of activities of the Union are:
- to unite employees of Lithuanian food industry in order to enable them to protect their economic, social, labour and professional rights;
- to defend the rights of Union members to full employment, social guaranties, to promote development of professional qualification of food industry employees, to develop occupational ethics.
As a member of LPSK the Union is represented at the tripartite Councils and Commissions of Lithuania such as:
- The Tripartite Council of the Republic of Lithuania;
- The Council of State Social Insurance Fund (SODRA);
- The Council of Guarantee Fund;
- The Council of Vocational Training;
- The Council of mandatory Health Insurance;
- The Commission on Ratification of Labour Standarts;
- The Commission on Health and Safety;
- The Committee at National Labour Exchange.
Membership dues make 1% of total labor payment, part from which is transferred to branch, 5% - to the benefit fund.
Since 1993 the Union is a member of the International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco and Allied Workers' Associations IUF. In 1997 the Union became a member of European Committee of Food, Catering and Allied Workers' Unions (ECF - IUF, now EFFAT).
The Union is a member of Lithuanian Trade Union Confederation (LPSK). Since 1994 LPSK is an Affiliated member of International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU) and since 1998 - an associated member of European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).
Here You can find appeal of Vth Congress of Trade Union